Monday 20 September 2010

New concepts 20/09/10


So here's the first of my new concept ideas. I wanted to create a one man tank and to have an organic look. It has to feel strong yet compact. I wanted it to have a high maneuverability and feel weighty so the armour had to feel right. I looked at the spider tanks from Ghost in the Shell which looked great but felt a bit weedy. I also looked at other multi leg tank concepts to try and get a good balance of heavy armour look with in a compact unit. I want this tank to be able to take a beating and still keep going. I like the idea of the robot co-pilot like R2-D2 in the Stars War movies so I've added a weapons gunner pod to the rear of the unit. The ball/wheels on the end of the legs have` feet` that extend to allow the unit to walk if needed. The main engine core has a powerful electro magnetic generator which allows the tank to walk/run/jump from buildings or any other structure that has a metal infrastructure.

No comments:

Post a Comment